1. You are analyzing the ingredients in a new hot dog that is going to be put on the market soon. Your analysis reveals that the hotdogs contain many amino acids, sodium chloride, dextrose, sodium phosphate, and several long hydrocarbon chains.
If the hotdogs are fat free, what would you expect to be on the ends of the long hydrocarbon chains? Why?
If the hotdogs are not fat free, what would you expect to be on the end of those long hydrocarbon chains? Why?
2. At the beginning of the spring, Dr. Betty Burner notices that there is an equal distribution of long and short stemmed dandelions in her backyard. By the end of the summer she notices that the majority of the dandelions have short stems. This observation is an example of what biological principle? Develop a hypothesis as to why there was an increase in the proportion of the short stemmed dandelions within the population.
3. Male ring-tailed lemurs have stink glands that they use to mark their territories. In addition, dominance among males is established by “stink fighting” where the males rub their “stink secretions” along their tails, and then the males posture themselves with tails raised above their head, they wave their stinky tails at each other. The stinkiest male wins.
Stink fighting is an example of what evolutionary principle?
What might the males be competing for?
4. Describe how the information stored in DNA is the key to the expression of traits.
5. Compare and contrast catabolic and anabolic pathways in terms of their function and energy utilization. Be sure to include an example of each type of pathway in your answer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more