1. How do smart grids differ from the current electricity infrastructure in the United States?
2. What management, organization, and technology issues should be considered when developing a smart grid?
3. What challenge to the development of smart grids do you think is most likely to hamper their development?
4. What other areas of our infrastructure could benefit from “smart” technologies? Describe one example not listed in the case.
5. Would you like your home and your community to be part of a smart grid? Why or why not? Explain.
CASE STUDY QUESTIONS
1. What is Procter & Gamble’s business strategy? What is the relationship of collaboration and innovation to that business strategy?
2. How is P&G using collaboration systems to exe-ute its business model and business strategy?
List and describe the collaboration systems and technologies it is using and the benefits of each.
3. Why were some collaborative technologies slow to catch on at P&G?
4. Compare P&G’s old and new processes for writing up and distributing the results of a research experiment.
5. Why is telepresence such a useful collaborative tool for a company like P&G?
6. Can you think of other ways P&G could use collaboration to foster innovation?
•Chapter 3, pg. 100:
How Much Do Credit Card Companies Know About You? (35 points)
1 . What competitive strategy are the credit card companies pursuing? How do information systems
support that strategy?
2. What are the business benefits of analyzing customer
purchase data and constructing behavioral profiles?
3. Are these practices by credit card companies ethical? Are
they an invasion of privacy? Why or why not?
•Chapter 4, pg. 147:
The Perils of Texting (20 points)
1. Which of the five moral dimensions of information systems
identified in this text is involved in this case?
2. What are the ethical, social, and political issues raised by this case?
3. Which of the ethical principles described in the text are useful for decision making about texting while driving?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more