1. To formulate a general definition of emotion, it will be most accurate to say that
A. an emotion is a specific reaction to a perceived change in a situation.
B. emotions are feelings that have both physiological and cognitive elements.
C. emotions are adaptive physiological responses to feelings.
D. emotion is a feeling state evoked by an expressed behavior.
3. I’m not all that happy, but when I smile I feel better. This idea might best be expressed by the
A. facial feedback hypothesis.
B. theory of universal affect programming.
C. facial-affect program.
D. emotional similarity theory.
4. If you agree with B.F. Skinner as to the nature of personality, you would also agree that
A. human personality is largely shaped through observational learning.
B. traits like sociability arise from unconscious wishes to be liked by others.
C. personality is shaped by people’s thoughts, feelings, expectations, and values.
D. humans are infinitely changeable because they can learn new behavior patterns.
7. As discussed in your textbook, which statement best illustrates fluid intelligence?
A. Alex recalls the wiring pattern and deftly reconnects the power lead to the battery.
B. Caldwell critically evaluates the likely causes of kidney stones.
C. Gavin the spy quickly memorizes the 12-digit code.
D. Dylan scribbles the draft of a poem onto the back of an envelope.
13. Carol is most likely to reject the theory of aging because she pictures the body as a machine
that stops working properly as the parts wear out.
A. genetic preprogramming
B. activity pages
14. In the theory of motivation, motivation is to satisfaction provided by activities that
are their own reward as motivation is to satisfaction derived from the reward for some kind of
behavior, such as money or status.
A. drive-reduction; extrinsic; intrinsic
B. cognitive; autonomous; dependent
C. cognitive; intrinsic; extrinsic
D. drive-reduction; dependent; autonomous
15. Which statement about anorexia nervosa is true?
A. Typically, the lives of anorexics center on sex.
B. Anorexics almost never starve to death, although they may die from other disorders.
C. Sufferers are usually males between the ages of 12 and 40.
D. People with this disorder may well be attractive and successful.
17. Sternberg’s concept of practical intelligence is most directly related to
A. information processing.
B. emotional intelligence.
C. multiple intelligences.
D. overall success in living.
18. Which of the following statements regarding human sexuality is most accurate?
A. In females, estrogen production is a direct result of ovulation.
B. Only a minority of people engage in sex fantasies during actual intercourse.
C. Regarding premarital sex, the double standard applies to both men and women.
D. Masturbation is an infrequent but not uncommon cause of sexual dysfunctions.
21. In late adulthood, changes in memory may not be inevitable; however, any decline in memory tends to involve memory.
22. Having been attacked and bitten by a German shepherd, Sam reacts with fear on spotting any large dog. According to recent developments in brain research the linking role of the_______ is paramount in the recall of this sort of fear-evoking stimulus.
B. left temporal lobe
D. visual cortex
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more