1. What is an ecological footprint? Using the concepts of trophic level and energy flow, explain why the ecological footprint of a vegetarian is smaller than that of a meat eater.
2. What is sustainable development and why is it important? How does it relate to environmental justice?
3. Describe the path that a atom of water would take through the water cycle. Explain and define all parts of the cycle fully.
4. What types of species are most vulnerable to extinction, and what types of factors threaten them?
5. What is a mass extinction? What is the 6th mass extinction event? Why are scientists so concerned about it?
6. What prevents a species from undergoing exponential growth forever? Be detailed in your answer- a one word answer will not earn you any credit.
7. What is interspecific competition and intraspecific competition? Which is more intense, and why?
8. What is a keystone species? Provide two examples of keystone species and the roles they each play in their ecosystem (do not use the ones provided in the textbook or lecture notes).
9. What is an invasive species? Provide three examples of invasive species and the effect they have had on their new environment.
10. Although the population growth rate (r) is decreasing, the earth’s population continues to increase. Explain what why this is. How does education and opportunity for women play into a decreasing population growth rate (r).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more