Concept map requirements for inclusion:
a. Demonstrate the pathophysiological concepts that pertain to this case study.
b. Indicate relationships between concepts—group clusters or patterns of signs and symptoms.
3. Complete the critical thinking questions.
a. Demonstrate your understanding of the case by answering the critical thinking questions.
b. References should be in APA format.
CONCEPT MAP CASE STUDY ASSIGNMENT
B.B. is a 45-year-old gentleman who presents with symptoms of acute lower back pain following his lifting of a heavy load (forward flexion) and presents with the following physical findings:
• He cannot straighten up
• Point tenderness over his lumbar spine
• Numbness over the left anterior thigh and leg, extending all the way to the medial aspect of his foot and great toe
• Motor testing finds some weakness in knee extension
• Diminished patellar reflex
• Positive straight leg rise on the left
Critical Thinking Questions:
1. What are the “red flags” of back pain that must be considered in the management of any patient? Explain the pathophysiology of the “red flags.” If this patient had any of them, how would it change the management plan?
2. What is cauda equina? How do you know if this patient has it?
3. What might cause a patient to be more susceptible to a vertebral fracture?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more